The Webelos Badge
"We'll Be Loyal Scouts"
That's where the name Webelos comes from. Webelos Scouting is the next step towards becoming a Boy Scout. It is a program that starts upon graduation from fourth grade - as a Bear Cub Scout - and ends some 20+ months later in February with the Arrow of Light Award. To be eligible for this program the Cub Scout must first earn the Bobcat Badge. The Webelos scout will have the opportunity to earn 2 rank awards - similar to the Boy Scout rank. To earn these awards the Webelos scout must learn many things and do several activities along with earning up to 20 Activity Pins or sometimes called badges - similar to Boy Scout Merit Badges. In the Webelos Program, only the Webelos Leader can sign off on activity requirements.
- Have an adult member of your family read and sign the Parent Guide in your Webelos book.
- Be an active member of your Webelos den for 3 months.
- Know and explain the meaning of the Webelos badge.
- Point out and explain the parts of the Webelos Scout uniform. Tell when to and not to wear it.
- Earn Fitness and two other activity badges - one from each of two different activity badge groups.
- Plan and lead a flag ceremony in your den.
- Show that you know and understand the requirements to be a Boy Scout.
- Earn the religious emblem of your faith. Or, do two of the following.