• Get a blank book or a loose leaf notebook, place one leaf flat on a page in your book. Cut a
piece of contact paper to cover the entire leaf. Lay the contact paper on top of the leaf and press
down smoothing out the wrinkles.
• You can also make leaf prints. Lay a leaf on a page and hold down with your finger, use a paint
brush to paint over the edges of the leaf working from the inside to the outside onto the paper.
Wait a moment; then lift the leaf gently to reveal your leaf print.
• Do a crayon rubbing. Lay a leaf under a page and using a crayon, color the page rubbing the
crayon over the leaf.
• You can also use baggies and staple to a page and put leaves in that you can smell such as basil,
dill, mint, thyme, etc. Discuss leaves you can and can not eat.
• Leaf prints. Dip the leaf in tempra paint, carefully lay the leaf on a page with the paint side
facing down, and place a piece of waxed paper on top and move rolling pin back and forth across
GSLC Pow Wow 2007