HOLIDAY AND SEASONAL CRAFTS/04-12
Shooting Star Christmas Tree Ornament
• A small piece of thick paper, felt, or other flexible,
easy-to-cut material- one or two colors
• Glitter (optional)
• Markers (optional)
1. Cut a circle from the paper, felt, or material. A good circle template is a coffee mug.
2. Starting at the edge, cut a spiral going to the center of the circle. Decorate with glitter or
3. Cut a small star, about 1 or 2 inches wide. Make a tiny hole at the top. You can also decorate
4. Glue the star to the center of the shooting star.
• 13 toilet paper rolls
• construction paper
• cardboard (large)
• black marker
• small wrapped candy, nuts, or prizes
• paint (optional)
• large bow (optional)
1. Cut the 13 toilet paper rolls in half.
2. Paint the toilet rolls or cover them with construction paper.
3. Trim your cardboard piece so it will hold the 13 rolls then cover it with construction paper or
paint it. Arrange the toilet paper rolls on the cardboard, then glue them so they are facing
4. Cut circles out of construction paper.
5. Fill your rolls with goodies, glue them on the top, then number them with the marker.
Great Salt Lake Council