HOLIDAY & SEASONAL CRAFTS/05-02
Mosaic HeartsÂ Â
â€¢ Construction paper
â€¢ Old magazines or catalogs
â€¢ Glue sticks
1. Cut a 12â€ x 12â€ piece of poster board. Draw a heart near the center of your board.
2. Tear out magazine or catalog pages that mostly have color. Tear into small squares. Keep
the colors separated.
3. Begin with background colors first. Using the glue stick, apply squares in a tile fashion
(next to one another).
Lincoln Hat CraftÂ Â
â€¢ Black construction paper
â€¢ Toilet paper tube
â€¢ A Pencil
1. Cut a toilet paper tube in half, making two short tubes â€“ use Â½ tube for each hat.
2. Cut out a 2-inch by 6-inch rectangle of black construction paper.
3. Trace a circle on black construction paper, using a tube as your guide. Draw 4 small
squares around the edges of the circles. Cut this out for the top of your hat.
4. Trace another circle on a piece of black construction paper, using your tube as your
guide. Draw a larger circle around this circle, about 1/2 inch outside the first circle. Cut
out along the larger circle for the hat's brim. Continuing with the brim, cut a series of
lines to the inner circle. Fold upward then glue onto the inside of the toilet paper tube.
5. For the top of the hat using the circle with the tabs (#3). Fold the tabs where they meet the
circle. Put the small black paper circle on the top of the hat, taping the rectangular tabs to
6. Place the rectangular tube of the black paper around the central part of the hat. Glue it on.
Great Salt Lake Council