You will need: a used greeting card (or construction paper), scissors and craft
glue or a glue stick.
1. Cut off the front of the card. Fold it in half lengthwise so that the
2. Make cuts that start at the folded edge but stop before the opposite edge.
3. Unfold the card and glue the ends together. Hold the glued area for a
moment while it dries.
4. For a handle, cut a strip from the back of the card or from another card
front. Glue ends across the top of the lantern.
5. Put some crumpled yellow, orange, and red tissue paper in the lantern to
make it look like candlelight. .
References / Source:
GSLC Pow Wow 2007