Autumn Soap Bars
These colorful soap bars are the perfect way to add a seasonal touch to your bathroom decor.
Time to Complete: Approximately 1 hour
Skill Level: Easy
- Life of the Party® Clear Glycerin Soap
- Life of the Party® Green, Yellow, Red & Orange Liquid Colorant (or colors of your choice)
- Life of the Party® Plumeria Soap Fragrance (or fragrance of your choice) optional
- Life of the Party® Mold # M173 — Flower & Leaf Bar Mold
Around the House:
- Microwave oven
- Microwave-safe measuring cup or container, or Double Boiler
- Serrated kitchen knife
- Spoon or craft sticks
- Rubbing Alcohol in a spray bottle (removes air bubbles & adheres layers to one another)
- Plastic wrap
1. Cut clear glycerin soap into cubes, and place it into a microwave-safe measuring cup. Heat for 40 seconds, then in 10-second intervals until soap is completely melted. Stir in between melting intervals.
2. Add fragrance to melted soap until the desired effect has been achieved (optional).
3. Place a few very small drops of the liquid colorant into various areas directly into the mold cavity. Use different colors for a marbled effect.
4. Slowly pour melted soap over the colorant, filling approximately 1/3 of the mold cavity. Spray with rubbing alcohol to remove air bubbles.
5. Let the poured soap set for approximately 3-5 minutes to allow a thin skin to form.
6. Spray the poured soap in the mold cavity with rubbing alcohol. (This allows the layers to adhere to one another.)
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6, until the entire mold cavity is filled.
8. Allow soap to set for approximately 20-40 minutes. Once bars have completely set, release them from the mold by applying constant, even pressure with thumbs to the backside of the mold.
9. Wrap soap bars in plastic wrap, pull the wrap tight and snug, bunching it in the back of the soap bar. Use scissors to remove excess plastic wrap.