Making a simple turkey decoration using items from around the house and yard.
What You Need:
- A small wooden ball
- A small clay pot
- A few fall color leaves (or feathers)
- A few sheets of construction paper
- A fine point marker
- Optional: paint and brushes
What You Do:
1. Turn the clay pot upside down and glue the wooden ball to the bottom of the pot.
2. Now, if you wish, you can paint the wooden ball a brownish color, however, you can skip this step and leave the ball as it is.
3. Next, cut a small triangle shape out of construction paper, and glue it onto the ball as a beak.
4. Use the marker to draw on two little eyes.
5. Glue a red construction paper oval beneath the turkey's head, on the clay pot. This will be the wattle.
6. Finally, glue a number of fall color leaves (or feathers) onto the back of the turkey.
7. As a final touch, you can give the turkey some construction paper feet.