Origami Dinosaur Craft
Anyone can fold simple origami, which is the
Japanese art of paper folding. The dinosaur
looks like it takes special skills to make â€“ only
you will know how easy it is. Use different
sizes and colors of paper for your origami
What youâ€™ll need:
Squares of lightweight paper (letter paper or
gift wrap will do)
1. Fold a paper square from corner to corner
in both directions. Unfold the paper flat after
each crease. Fold the four edges to the middle
crease. Unfold the paper flat each time.
2. Pinch the top of the creased corners between
your thumb and forefinger. Press down so that
the paper folds on the pre-folded lines. Repeat
the step with the opposite corner. Fold both
papers creases up and press flat.
3. Fold the paper shape in half so that the open
sides are on the outside, and the folded creases
form a flap on the outside.
4. Take the top corner (on the side without
the flaps) and fold it down twice to make the
5. Fold the paper in half lengthwise, hiding the
6. Grasp the neck and pull it out. Rub your
finger over the paper to flatten it and make the
neck stay in place.
7. Pull the head forward and flatten it at the
back to make it stay in place. Fold the two
flaps forward to make legs. If you bend the
bottom of the legs out a little, the dinosaur will
GSLC Pow Wow 2008