Use this mask as a starting
point, let your imagination
roam far and wide.
Use different colored foam and beads so each
the person can make their mask unique.
What you’ll need:
• Fun Foam – brown
• Fun Foam – leopard print
• Elastic Cord - 12 inches
• Craft glue
• Hole Punch, small
• Pony beads, black, 4
• Pony beads, orange, 8
• Pony beads, tan, 4
1. Trace pattern. Cut shapes out of leopard
print and brown foam. If Leopard print foam is
not available, you can use markers and make
the spots yourself. Cut face (figure 1 on the printed
pattern) out of leopard print, all other shapes
out of brown foam.
2. Whiskers – Six 4” x 1/8 in. strips of brown
3. Beaded Decoration strips – Four 9” x 1/8 in.
strips of brown foam.
4. Glue ears (figure 2 on the printed pattern),
eye lines (figure 3 on the printed pattern), and
whiskers onto the face.
5. Glue nose (figure 4 on the printed pattern) on
top of whiskers.
6. Punch one small hole on either side of
the face (see figure 1 on the printed pattern). Thread
the end of the elastic cord through each hole. Bring
end around the side of the face and tie a double knot.
7. For beaded decoration, tie one knot in each
foam strip, a half-inch from one end. String 4
pony beads on each strip.
Glue 2 beaded strips onto the back of the face below
punch hole on either side of the mask.
GSLC Pow Wow 2008