HOLIDAY & SEASONAL CRAFTS/05-04
April Fools' Day Trick
â€¢ A large button (about the size of a quarter)
â€¢ A rubber band
â€¢ A paper clip
â€¢ A letter-sized envelope
1. Unbend a paper clip, then bend again, looping each end.
2. Insert the rubber band through two of the button's holes, then wrap around the paper clip's end
3. Twist or wind up the button about 50 times until the rubber band is very twisty. Carefully
insert the wind-up trick into the envelope.
4. Tell your friends you want to show them something in the envelope. As they open the
envelope, the button will unwind, making a loud noise. The more you wind up the button, the
louder the noise.
â€¢ 1-liter soda bottle (clean)
â€¢ Construction paper
â€¢ Hole punch
â€¢ Pipe cleaners
â€¢ Easter grass
1. Carefully cut the top half of the soda bottle away. Wash and rinse any residue or label that
might be left. Dry thoroughly.
2. Cut out silhouettes of Easter shapes and glue them onto the bottle.
3. Punch a hole in each side of the bottle, about 1 inch from the top. Braid the pipe cleaners for
a handle then put through the holes.
4. Fill with the Easter grass and you have a goodie basket.
Great Salt Lake Council