Ceremony For Installing A New Cubmaster
The candidate is asked to stand in the front of the room. Committee members form a half-circle in front of him but broken in the center to give the audience a full view. Each committee member presents him with a ribbon to look like a diploma. As these are presented by the various committee members, they say:
1. Akela, I present you with RESPONSIBILITY, for great will be your responsibility as our leader.
2. Akela, I present you with KNOWLEDGE, for knowledge of the best procedure of Cub Scouting will help guide us to work with you for the success of the Pack.
3. Akela, I present you with HARD WORK, for that is one of the foremost qualities of success.
4. Akela, I present you with ENTHUSIASM, for nothing great was ever accomplished without enthusiasm.
5. Akela, I present you with GRATIFICATION, for that will be the reward for your efforts.
6. Akela, I present you with ADMIRATION, for never has there been a chief who was not admired by all his tribe.
The Chairman then says, "Akela, it is a pleasure to present you with this headdress, symbol of your office as Cubmaster of Pack ___."